web page hit counter TBnJ: cooking commentary

Saturday, August 19, 2006

 

cooking commentary

Today at lunch J was talking about how at school last year, the teacher microwaved her friend Y's egg, and it exploded. I have no idea how the egg was cooked, but it's believable that an egg would exploded in the microwave under the correct circumstances. T, J and I discussed how almost anything can either explode or burn if cooked in the microwave for too long. I also noted that I can burn anything in the oven, too. T said, "As you often do." Thanks kid. Of course, this was right after I singed some long beans while steaming/cooking them in water on the stove. I was doing four or five other things simultaneously including chopping onions and jalepenos for jalepeno burgers, dealing with mashed potatoes and making these yummy biscuits:

Sweet Potato-Spelt Biscuits

1 1/2 cups spelt flour
1/2 t unbuffered vit C crystals plus 2t baking soda (or 1 tablespoon baking powder)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
4 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato (1 medium), using some of the liquid it was boiled in to mash it into a baby food consistency

Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix flour, baking soda and vit C, and sea salt together. Add in oil and sweet potato until combined. Make into biscuit shapes. Bake 25 to 20 minutes.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?