web page hit counter TBnJ: Green Eggs and Ham

Monday, July 24, 2006

 

Green Eggs and Ham


At one point last week, B started protesting he didn't like eggs in a certain fashion. So Daddy-o in his almost infinite patience asked him if he would like them in a different way which brought equal protests. These are of course things that B normally likes. At that point, I looked at Daddy-o and said, "Would you like them with ham? Would you like them on a train?" A few seconds passed, and then T, still busy eating and not really looking at the rest of us said, "Would you like them in a box? Would you like them with a fox?" I was really impressed at his ability to pick up on that vague literary reference since I didn't do a great job of paraphrasing it. Of course, at that point, J joined in and started reciting the next few lines of the book as well. Daddy-o was also impressed because in his words, "I haven't read them that book that much!" Of course, they are perfectly capable of reading that book themselves, and it seems they have.

While talking on the phone to his Grandpa, it sound like B said that I had Oprah for dinner last week. I actually had okra.

T and J's Spanish is getting more impressive. They know quite a lot, mainly about circuses and animals. Their French seems weaker for whatever reason. They only have three weeks of camp left.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?