web page hit counter TBnJ: trucks and bonjour

Monday, June 12, 2006

 

trucks and bonjour

When he woke up this morning, B's first words to Daddy-o were, "Next year I want my birthday party to be about trucks." We told him that we can definitely handle that request.

T and J started summer language immersion camp at Austin International School which is not far from our house. They do Spanish in the morning and French in the afternoon. T didn't want to leave this afternoon, so that's a great sign. He also told Daddy-o on the way home that he played with a girl named J (not his sister), and her birthday is the same day as his. They also ran into another student from ADS who is in an older class of kids. J answered "si" to one question and T answered "oui."

Later when I asked them separately what they did today, both gave me "I don't know-- I don't remember" responses. T eventually said that he made a snake out of clay during French class. J told me that no one speaks English so she doesn't understand anything. At dinner, T said, "Mas agua por favor" and "gracias" at another point, but that is stuff he knows from ADS, I think. It just was on the brain. They are looking forward to going back tomorrow, thank heavens!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?