web page hit counter TBnJ: Father's Day

Sunday, June 18, 2006

 

Father's Day

One day last week, B asked for "homemade corn." We've been getting corn on the cob from Greenling, and the kids remove the husks and silks outside. I assumed that was what he meant, but no. He wants homegrown corn. He wants Daddy to plant it and raise it. That's just not going to happen this year.

Last night right before bed, I showed J the three shirts I had bought for Daddy-o for Father's Day. I told her that tomorrow we would dress up each kid in a shirt and give them to Daddy-o. She promised me it was our secret and that she wouldn't tell anyone. By the time I got downstairs this morning, T was fully informed on the plan. The two of them are not capable of keeping secrets from each other.

Later, when I was upstairs bringing down the shirts, T started asking from downstairs, "Are we going to do the S-H-I...," and I cut him off there. I reminded him that Daddy-o does know how to spell. Then T refused to put on one of the shirts, but J and B looked cute in them.

This afternoon, J was working on putting address labels with her name on them on envelopes for her birthday party invitations. She asked where I got them. I told her I made them on the computer and printed them out on the printer. She said, "I don't believe you." When he came in the room, I asked Daddy-o how I made the return address labels. He looked at me funny and said, "I assume you printed them on your printer." J said, "I still don't believe you." I am not sure what's so unbelievable about that one!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?