Saturday, June 10, 2006
Balloons
Today was the 7th anniversary of TBnJ's older sister R's birth and death. For the past few years, we've done a balloon release on R's birthday. We learned the hard way last year that B does not do well with the idea of a balloon release; he wanted to keep them. So last year R had to share three of her six balloons with her siblings. This year we bought a dozen balloons; the kids helped pick out the colors. We released seven for R. Then T wanted to release one for Purple Dog, the puppy we adopted six months after R's birth and who died eight months after her death due to distemper. T has a strong attachment to Purple Dog for some reason even though the two never met. We kept four balloons: one for each kid and and one for a replacement for when the first balloon pops. It hasn't, yet, which is amazing considering the track records for balloons around here.
Later today, T wanted to make balloon animals. He'd gotten a book and kit at the book sale several weeks ago, and he's been itching to try it out. So Daddy-o spent time tying balloon animals. Daddy-o actually successfully made a flamingo before they gave up.
I tried uploading some pictures of balloons but was unsuccessful. I'm not sure why Blogger isn't succeeding. I'll see if I can get the local IT guy (aka Daddy-o) to help with it later.
Later today, T wanted to make balloon animals. He'd gotten a book and kit at the book sale several weeks ago, and he's been itching to try it out. So Daddy-o spent time tying balloon animals. Daddy-o actually successfully made a flamingo before they gave up.
I tried uploading some pictures of balloons but was unsuccessful. I'm not sure why Blogger isn't succeeding. I'll see if I can get the local IT guy (aka Daddy-o) to help with it later.
Labels: around the house
